NLCS Thoughts: Joe Torre and Manny Ramirez


Let's start off the new blog with an old friend, Joe Torre. He and another old "friend" Manny Ramirez are in the LCS looking to reach the World Series in a year where Torre proved he still has steam left in the tank and Manny is showing the world why he is one of the greatest hitters of all-time.

Everyone knows how Torre and the Yankees left off last October and for one, I thought it was time for a change with the Yanks. I loved Torre but it was time to move on. As a Yankee fan, I'll always have a place for him in my heart as he gave me so many great moments over the years. I wish him well in these playoffs and honestly hopes he wins it all. Maybe then, Hank Steinbrenner can shut his mouth and worry about the major issues with his team. As for Manny, I'm rooting for the guy too. I never thought I would say that but it's true. I want him to win a World Series and be able to laugh right in Boston's face. He's one of us now, the anti-Sox Nation.

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the NLCS plays out, the Dodgers were able to salvage a game last night, thus making this a series again. I do like the Phillies though. The lineup is tough and so is the bullpen. Ryan Madsen setting up an untouchable Brad Lidge is a force to be reckoned with. Kinda reminds me of Mariano Rivera to John Wettland in '96. Ok, maybe I'm getting too ahead of myself but that 1-2 combo at the end of the bullpen for Philly is dangerous right now. And I believe that is a huge difference maker between the two teams. Although Philly's starting pitching doesn't match up with L.A.'s but I think the two teams are well matched. The Dodgers are relying on Ramirez to carry them offensively and so far he has. The pitching has to step up and so does the rest of the offense.

Derek Lowe is starting today's Game 4 on three days rest, the Dodgers need to pull out a victory today to stay alive. Joe Torre knows all about must wins, so does Manny, can they pull it off and tie the series at 2-2? I hope so, I want to see the legacy of Joe Torre live on.
These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati