Knicks Win Another One Without Marbury


Stephon Marbury still hasn't played this season and it hasn't affected the Knicks at all. They took another step in the right direction last night as Mike D'Antoni and his crew beat the Washington Wizards 114-108 in the nation's capital.

The Knicks are now 3-2 on the young NBA season, putting them a game over .500 for the first time since Janurary 4, 2005. Wilson Chandler got the start at power forward and responded with 17 points. Jamal Crawford added 23 of his own.Zach Randolph scored 22 and added 13 rebounds.Chris Duhon, Marbury's replacement at point guard led the team with 12 assists.

"I was brought here to come out and play Coach D'Antoni's style and help turn around the Knicks," he said. "I know the situation with Steph is going to have a lot of effect on me. Every little thing that I do is going to be multiplied by 10. But if I worry about that, then I'm just going to fall into that trap. I've just got to go out and compete every night and try to do the best I can."


The Knicks are still getting use to D'Antoni's run and gun style so it may take some time to see some consistency on their part but the last few games they have been. Defensively they still need some work but over time they will get there. I believe they need to clear up their mess with Marbury and Eddy Curry before they can finally focus JUST on basketball. Both Curry and Marbury have been inactive this season. Good move by the Knicks to sit out these guys. Marbury has an all about me attitude and Curry is just lazy and out of shape. These two men are very talented but when they are not on their games can seriously put the team in a rut, both offensively and defensively. They got their money, so why play hard? They might be better off sitting out the way they're doing, so far it's helping the team win. That's something the Knicks haven't done in a long time. So I say, keep ridin' the pine!
These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati