Andy Pettitte Has The Public's Support


The fans have spoken. Over on the right you'll see a poll asking whether the Yankees need Andy Pettitte back and so far it's an overwhelming YES. This has also been a hot topic on the ChasingRecords Forum. If you have time you can participate on the poll on the right and visit the Forum to give us your thoughts on the situation. Here are what some people are saying about Andy:


BBall1 says:
I say give him a private deadline where the public never knows. That way he saves face and the Yanks make a class move. Also, I say give him an incentives package that could reach 12 or 13 million with a second year club option for the same package. What do you guys think?

Yankees4613 says:
The longer Andy makes me wait the more difficult it gets Lol I really don't know how confident I am in a deal getting done to be honest. The longer Andy holds out the more I question if he truly wants to come back. I hope he does. Personally I am willing to raise the offer to get him back but I know the Yankees are not and they just hope he realizes that's the best he is going to get and if he really wants to be a Yankee then he needs to take it. I don't really blame Andy though when it comes to the money. Come on, the Yankees have thrown money around like crazy this off season and I understand it's for younger arms etc but Andy has proven he can win in NY. He is a true Yankee.

ChasingRecords Forum says:
::keeping fingers crossed::
I still think Pettitte will come to his senses and sign with the Yankees.


Someone needs to blink in this stalemate and a deal needs to get done. We all want Andy back so hopefully he'll be back in pinstripes in 2009.

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati