Team USA Advances in WBC

Team USA is having a blast with the WBC. Kevin Youkilis hit a two-run homer, Adam Dunn and Ryan Braun added solo shots. For Dunn and Youkilis, it was the second straight day with a HR. Team USA went on to beat Venezula 15-6, thus advancing to the 2nd round of the WBC.

Team USA's lineup is stacked with All-Stars and it showed last night. They scored 8 runs in the 6th inning to break open the game.

"With that lineup, I don't see why we shouldn't have a few of those innings a night," Dunn said. "It was a lot of fun, but I don't think it was very unexpected on our side."

The only downfall from last night's win was Chipper Jones leaving the game in the 6th because of a mild strain on his side. It looks that he will be out for the time being. That means David Wright would be the starting 3rd Baseman now.

"I told David Wright, 'This is probably the last time you're going to DH,'" Team USA manager Davey Johnson said. "Anytime somebody has a little strain in the spring, you have to be real cautious."

Jones said after the game that the injury isn't serious but it will still be treated with caution.

I'm so glad that we have meaningful games this spring. I hate Spring Training games but I watch them because it's baseball but I like the WBC. The games mean alot to the guys that are playing and there's alot of emotion that goes into it. I like watching competitive games and this tournament I think is a great idea. I like seeing our Yankee players playing in different uniforms and playing agains one another, I find that cool, it's not everyday that you see that. I saw a groundball hit to Derek Jeter at short and then he handed it to Dustin Pedoria for the final out of the 8th inning last night. I thought that was cool, who would've thought you'd ever say that? It's things like that, that makes the WBC a good idea.



Share your thoughts on The Forum: http://www.chasingrecords.com/
These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati