I'm On WFAN - Joe Torre Book Signing

I went this morning to go buy the Joe Torre book, "The Yankee Years" and had no problem finding it. I bought it at Barnes and Noble on 86th street. When I went to go pay for the book the cashier told me about a book signing Torre was doing on 46th and 5th. I orginally wasn't going to go through the hassle of waiting on line to meet Joe because I would be waiting for hours. I asked when the signing started and the cashier replied "in 5 mins". So I said I might as well go ahead and try, after all it was snowing like crazy so the line couldn't have been that long, right?

Well a few train stops and a few blocks later I reached my destination. Now I had to see what I was dealing in terms of a line and waiting time. I was also trying to do this and make it back in time for work at 3pm so could the unexpected happen? Could I get Joe Torre to sign my book AND make it back in time for work? It was def worth trying. I walked down the block from where Barnes and Noble's main entrance was and turned the corner only to see a LONG line of people who were there before me to get a glimpse of Joe. As I went to the very back of the line optimism was still with me. Just as I settled into my place on line, I was approached by WFAN and was interviewed about the book. I gave my two cents and they were off to interview another person on the line. All in all I didn't get to see Torre or get my book signed but at least I made it on the radio/tv/internet. That made the attempt worthwhile. I'll be posting my thoughts on the book as I go through it. In the meantime, here's the video from today, look for me around the 2:00 mark.
These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati